Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Going from subbing to having a calling

Since we got released from Nursery a while back, I've been off the hoook for a while. A little bit different for me though. However, Lara got a another calling. During this time, they needed subs for the 10 year olds (I think it's the 10 year olds). Lara has been tracking me down to see if I could help. There's been two classes that I've been switching back & forth to. One seems to be towards the end of the hallway & the other at the other end of the hallway. So I go where help is needed. One problem about this is that no preparations. I receive the manual & then I'm on my own. What? Somehow I just need to quickly read what I need to teach the class & do my best. The good thing about it is that I get a treat. Yeah!
With this, it's kinda interesting to see a little difference from going from Nursery & to subbing for these kids that are abit older. Now my calling is in the Primary. Getting some experience with these kids was kinda a jump in a way. It's like talking to my neices & nephews. You can joke, but the level (talking to them) is cool. I think this is good training for me, from little ones to a little bit older.

1 comment:

Ellen Rae said...

You will be a good teacher! I just got called to the Sun Beam class. It is so fun. I love Primary.