Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I'm in double digits

Well, I finally made it to double digits. I've reached my 10-year mark for working at the hospital as of 10/25. For those that may forgot, I work at Banner Desert Medical Center. There's been alot of changes there since I've worked. The hospital is adding on. More walking, but it's interesting to see new areas open. But since I've worked there, I know that I've learned alot. Met new friends, & I guess some people move on. But, hanging on, trying to be a team worker, learning new things, & so on, I made it this long.
I would like to step out abit & see what else I can do. I know benefits are important, but maybe another hospital. I guess I need to explore Banner & see whats available. One cool thing about the hospital is that athletes (pro players) come by to visit. At times I see them. It's interesting seeing athletes come by & visit, & nope, no autographs for me I think I'm past that. Just a friendly hi & maybe a handshake.
There's many cool things that Banner gives out, some in the past, & for now, not sure unless they tell you. But they give us these credit card looking things that means there's many on it, points I should say, but you use it like a credit card. These are cool. Another thing is that people with carts I guess, go by the units & they let the employees grab treats from it. Like fruit I think, & some other treats. It's nice, pretty much up for grabs in a way, but you probably need to make sure there's enough for others too. but the whole thing is cool. But some things could change, who knows.
Well, enough for now. I guess I need to hang on for the ride, & keep exploring.

1 comment:

Nate and Kristen said...

Wow! Ten years! I'm sure you're their hardest working employee!